Yeah, I dunno what it’s called…I found it on Pinterest. Unfortunately, the pin I got it from broke the rules and didn’t actually link to the recipe! So I was in a bind. I was all ready to have this with dinner. All the pin said was it had bacon, cabbage and garlic in it. Well, enough of a hint for me. So I got started and here’s the recipe I came up with…
Cabbage & Bacon Side Dish
- 4 Strips of bacon
- 1 small onion or ½ large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ head of cabbage, shredded or chopped
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of water or chicken stock
- Chop bacon and add to a frying pan over medium/medium high heat. Cook back until done about10-15 min. Set aside on paper towels to cool.
- Keep the drippings from the bacon, add to it the garlic, onions, cabbage and pepper. Saute the vegetables for 5 min then add the water and cook until translucent and cooked through. The cabbage should be tender to the touch but still green. The water should mostly evaporate.
- Add the bacon back to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Serve warm
This was pretty good! If you’d like the recipe I suspect the pin was supposed to go to, it’s here.