Looking for even more tips to green your lifestyle? You are in luck! Here are even more simple and easy ways you can green your lifestyle.
- Green Your Garden – Did you know many fertilizers are made from petroleum?! It’s true! Try to get nice organic fertilizers like compost or manure. Also avoid weed killers, a dose of vinegar will kill most weeds, and is safe for pets and kids to walk on!
- Don’t Drive Angry – how you drive can determine how much gas your vehicle uses. Even the biggest gas guzzler can gain some gas mileage by driving smoothly, coasting down hills, and not giving into road rage. You don’t have to get a new vehicle to save money at the pump.
- Turn off the Lights – Are you in the room? No? Do the lights really need to be on?
- Wash clothes with cold water. You use less energy to heat it up, and it gets your clothes just as clean.
- Buy Local. Stuff shipped from far away needs to be transported to where you are. This involves fossil fuels of some sort and additional costs. Buying local stuff not only saves the fossil fuel costs, but also supports your local economy instead of large multinational businesses. Besides, you may be surprised at the quality and diversity of local products you can find in your area!
- Buy Organic Foods. Of course they should be local if possible! A good place to start is by replacing the so called Dirty Dozen, those foods with the highest concentrations of pesticides.
Do you have a tip to share? Please share it in the comments!