This is one of my favorite summer recipes. It’s so easy and you can tailor it to meet your tastes (like I do). This pasta salad features your favorite Italian dressing, seasoning, pasta and veggies of your choice! My mom ads tomatoes, onions, carrots, and green onions to it. So if you don’t like the veggies I add, or don’t want pepperoni then add whatever you’d like!
Making pasta salad is pretty easy. Here’s all my ingredients. I don’t really brand name drop much, but you do need that specific salad seasoning mix. You should be able to find it in any grocery store, I know I got mine at the commissary in the seasoning mix section.
I started a pot of water to boil for the pasta and while I waited I chopped up my veggies and pepperoni. I only put in onions and carrot, feel free to add peppers or whatever you want! Mozzarella cheese would be great in here too.
Once my water was hot I tossed in my pasta to cook. I’m using penne, but you can use whatever you want. My mom would make it with feticchini or whatever we have on hand.
Once my pasta is cooked, drain it and let it cool. I rinsed mine with cold water to cool it faster. Here’s my pasta waiting for the yummy ingredients!
Then just dump in all of your ingredients. Add your dressing and seasoning to taste. Keep in mind your pasta may absorb your dressing as it sits. So if you are making it ahead of time be sure to check it before your serve to see if you need to add more.
So this recipe doesn’t have any real measurements. I only made a little since I’m the only one who will eat it.
- 1 Box Pasta of Your Choice
- 1 Bottle Italian Dressing
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pepperoni
- 1/4 bottle of salad supreme seasoning mix
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Chop your veggies & pepperoni.
- Once the water comes to a boil add a pinch of salt and your pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Drain and cool pasta.
- Add onion, carrots, pepperoni, dressing and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Feel free to add or remove any veggies as you like! Adapt the seasoning to your taste. Tomatoes, peppers and mozzarella are great additions!