I love curries so I was excited to try this butter chicken recipe I found. I altered the recipe to suit my tastes and the ingredients I had on hand. So comparing it to the original recipe isn’t fair. But I can compare it to other butter chicken I’ve had.
- 1 package Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (mine had about 6 pieces)
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper (Omitted because my husband doesn’t like spicy things)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced (I used lemon…cuz I had no lime…)
- ½ Onion, Diced (use a whole onion if it’s small, half if it’s a big one)
- ¼ cups Butter
- 2 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2 cups brown rice
1. Add onions, garlic, and spices to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
2. Add chicken pieces, try to cover each piece with the spice mixture
3. Add Tomato sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 3-4 hours on high.
4. When done add the half & half and mix well. Serve over rice, with naan.
Ok, so it wasn’t the best recipe ever. It really lacked enough spice. I added the garam masala at the end after tasting it and realizing it needed more flavor. Unfortunately I only had a little bit left or I would have added more. It really does need garam masala. Coconut milk would also be an awesome addition as it’s found in many other butter chicken recipes I found since using this one. All in all it was ok, but next time I will improve up on it.